PETA, BBQs, Kerry Wood, Tribune, Spire Building

Things are chillier than they were this morning. I told God I wanted warmer weather. He said I'll get it, but not just yet. I asked when. He said he's on it, don't worry so much.

It will get warmer, and when it does, Jim and I have a BBQ planned. Maybe next weekend. Ribs. I take these seriously. I'm even thinking of entering a contest. I'm no pro, but careful preparation can make the difference between average and smokehouse quality.

I'm a meat eater. I'm not a PETA boy. I also don't agree with those who are vegan, at least not as far as those who say humans were born to be a vegetable eater. I won't argue about health. I eat too much red meat. Now, I'm eating more chicken. And, yes, more vegetables. Nothing wrong with good veggies.

Speaking of veggies. Two fun movies dealing with problematic vegetables:

Wallace & Gromit - The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (Widescreen Edition)

and VeggieTales - The Complete Silly Song Collection

Wallace and Gromit run into the were rabbit, a beastly large rabbit eating all the carrots in town. With the VeggieTales, a singing cucumber and tomato tell stories about being good.

The News

  • Kerry Wood is injured again? When was he healthy? He should hang it up.
  • Talk of a 150-story skyscraper that will look like a spire has started.
  • The Tribune is close to being sold. I'll still be hear. No matter who owns the news, I'll be selling it.

Tribune Close to Accepting Zell's $8 Billion Offer (Update2)
Bloomberg - 2 hours ago
March 27 (Bloomberg) -- Tribune Co., owner of the Los Angeles Times and Chicago Cubs, will probably accept real estate billionaire Sam Zell's $8 billion takeover offer by the end of the week, according to people familiar with the matter...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Barbecueing is a serious business, the days of chucking a few sausages on are over it is good recipes, excellent sauces and well cooked meals, I recently bought a new Buschbeck bbq it is astounding, it stands about six feet tall and looks like it would be more at home indoors, but it cooks to perfection, I always spend at least a few days a month through spring and summer (and often fall and winter) cooking up on the bbq.

Popular posts from this blog

Bookbinding and Bitter Cold

Chicago's Gangs Ruining Chicago: Flush Them Down the Toilet

Presidential Alert - Now That's Funny