Telemarketers & Unions - Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday, February 13, 2007
9:07 p.m.

How wrong I was. People bought papers. As I stood with a stack wrapped in plastic, people came to buy. They trickled in steadily into work late, leaving early.

My Sun-Times change bib is usually orange. Today, it was a stark white, plastered with snow. The wind blew fast, making the tiny snow flakes hit like bullets. It made my beard look more salt and peppered than I am really am.

I went home around 5 p.m., earlier than usual, but got home a half hour later. Everything was slower, and slowest of all was me. Each step caused sweat. Two pair of socks today.

Telemarketing is in the news. Harrassment. I personally think very little of telemarketers. They are like bill collectors, but with less integrity.

This essay is out there on the web. Pretty funny.
Read Great Literature to a Telemarketer
Humorous essay to show how to answer a telemarketing call by reading the classics.

Rich Daley's election campaign is up against the unions. He is a good Democrat, but is tired of being bullied. Is there a telemarketers union?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookbinding and Bitter Cold

Chicago's Gangs Ruining Chicago: Flush Them Down the Toilet

Presidential Alert - Now That's Funny