Baseball, Soccer & Harry Caray - Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday, February 14, 2007
12:14 p.m.

The snow fell, blew, and moved on. The ground is covered with it, and my street was not first on the list. It is still impassable. Luckily, I can walk to the L.

I looked around this morning and think I saw fewer commuters. Although the weather, the traffic, and all were much better than yesterday, more stayed home. Not me. I'm doubled in my socks, wearing the most unstylish hat, and warm so long as I stay put.

Tomorrow is said to be colder, and Friday even colder. It is amazing to think that the middle of February is so close to the beginning of spring.

The most important thing is baseball season approaches. Put me in coach, I'm ready to play. Let's play two.

Soccer is starting to become a sports I understand. I hope to catch a game or two this season. As a lifelong fan of baseball, football, and basketball, and even enjoy watching the Olympic Marathon, and not understanding hockey, I'm starting to get soccer. The Spanish TV stations show a lot of games that I now actually look for.

What of soccer had as its announcer Harry Caray? Jack Brickhouse? Now there would be game I could understand!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookbinding and Bitter Cold

Chicago's Gangs Ruining Chicago: Flush Them Down the Toilet

Presidential Alert - Now That's Funny