Papers Spike - Norm Van Lier and Johnny Red Kerr Die

Curious people, mostly wondering what the new tabloid look of the Trib is like, rushed to buy in the last few weeks. Warmer weather helped. If you don't count yesterday, that is. Rain soaked my stock. Most of it, anyway. The rain came down so hard, I couldn't keep my plastic on.

That's not the real news though.

News
Sadness today. You saw the headline. Red and Norm died. Cancer for Red. Norm - they don't know yest, but 'natural causes'.

Chicagoans know who I mean. Red was the guy in booth, and Norm was more of an analyst after the game. They loved basketball, and helped guys like me who never had the skills love it more. They both played it, (Red even coached it), and both were fans through to the end. These guys were the Harry Caray of their game. I got get to my corner, but this is big for us.

To you, Norman Allen Van Lier III, and to you, John G. “Red” Kerr, rest in peace. It is a different ballgame now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookbinding and Bitter Cold

Chicago's Gangs Ruining Chicago: Flush Them Down the Toilet

Presidential Alert - Now That's Funny