Cold, Wet Dedication of Paper Hawking

It is 5:30 - I saw out the window - 40 degrees, pouring rain, completely dark, some guy chugging away jogging. Dedication.

I'm sitting in a big comfy chair, cozy sweatshirt, steaming coffee, warm laptop. Not so dedicated.

Yet, like the runner, I need to be on my shift, hawking papers, making my daily bread. I'll get there by 6:30 today.

Want to tip me today? How about a Starbucks card?

The News
Jack Nicholson's in drag campaigning for Hillary Clinton. Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons has predictably chosen to support Barack Obama, though somewhat weakly, "If you could take Barack Obama's image, add Hillary Rodham Clinton's money and John Edwards' voice, that would be my candidate," Simmons said in January 2007.

No word on what Obama will do if he wins the nomination about his weekend job as senator.

Sad news: one of the guys who helped begin the Jesus Movement of the the 1970s, Larry Norman, has died. He was a guy who grew up in a regular church, but sang songs about Jesus that were meant for those who never entered a church. He was a rebel not against Christianity but for it. His songs became anthems of the disenfranchised, lost and lonely. We even know a few of his tunes at the Hawk home. He understood newspaper salesmen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookbinding and Bitter Cold

Chicago's Gangs Ruining Chicago: Flush Them Down the Toilet

Presidential Alert - Now That's Funny