Salary Girls, Coffee, Homeless Guy Near AON Building

What days we have that are now cool and kind, just before the booming cold? Selling papers is nicest now, sitting with a cup of coffee. Picked up a large at Intelligensia. Haven't been there in a while.

The cool weather means the salary girls are bundling up. Just as well, too. I bet productivity goes up on days where modesty prevails, though, every salary girl knows how to trick up the day.

Saw a one-legged guy in a wheel chair. You've seen him, haven't you? His right leg is off just before or around the knee. Black guy. He uses a combination of his hands pushing the wheeling and his left leg in a soft or pull/drag. Hard to see. Wondered what could be done.

Was it -- his leg, that is -- lost in a war? Or was it less noble, like from malnutrition? He was too thin to fit my stereotype of a diabetic, but I could be wrong. All I know is a guy was slowly working up the sidewalk near the AON Building, underdressed, and, for what he was wearing, in need of new duds. Homeless? I guess so. I don't know. I've seen him before. Panhandler at least, but what else can he do? Was it on the Washington bridge near the Lyric Opera where I have seen him camped out most? Could be.

Got the kind of job in which you can hire him? I'm just a peon, but it would be great if someone could help him, they would.

The News
Bears are losing, Cubs are losers, the Chicago Marathon is taking heat for the heat (talk to God about the weather, not the race director).

What more do you need to know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookbinding and Bitter Cold

Chicago's Gangs Ruining Chicago: Flush Them Down the Toilet

Presidential Alert - Now That's Funny